Office Cleaning Service The Pros and Cons of Getting A Professional Cleaner
Employees in all UK offices should have safe, clean working conditions. Using a trusted corporate cleaning company to take care of sanitising the workplace can offer a number of clear benefits, both in terms of keeping up with legal requirements for your organisation and for experiencing all the benefits of a clean office.
In the UK, the HSE has clear sanitation guidelines for all office and work environments. According to these guidelines, you must:
- Keep the office clear and tidy enough to reduce the odds of slip and fall accidents
- Take care of sanitation requirements, including a system for taking care of human waste and other bio-hazards, should they enter your office for any reason
- Provide a clean, safe working environment for every employee
- Take steps to prevent or minimise the spread of disease within the office
Benefits of a Clean, Professional Workspace
In your office, you want that important professional appearance. The moment clients enter your office, they start forming their opinion of your business--and it's not just your employees they're looking at.
While clients probably aren't checking the dust bunnies in the corner or looking under the desk to make sure it's been cleaned, they are going to take note of things that are out of place, including stains, mould and mildew, and other ongoing problems.
In addition to influencing client perceptions, a clean and professional work-space can offer a number of advantages:
- Clean office spaces often create a more professional atmosphere, which may encourage employees to work harder. In fact, clean office spaces are known to boost productivity throughout your office.
- Well-sanitised spaces help prevent the spread of illness, which keeps employees happier and reduces the need for use of sick days.
- Air quality can have a huge impact on the overall health and wellness of your employees.
- Maintaining a clean environment can help save on maintenance costs down the road. The better you maintain your building, including keeping it clean, the better the odds you will avoid expensive maintenance in the future.
To keep office spaces clean, many organisations choose to hire professional cleaning services. These trustworthy cleaning services can help make it easier to keep your office clean, maintain sanitation standards, and prevent expensive problems in the future.
Hiring a Cleaning Service: The Advantage
If you're thinking about hiring a cleaning service to take care of your office, start by considering the advantages. There are a number of key benefits to working with a professional cleaning service, including:
1. A professional cleaning service removes the responsibility from your employees.
None of your employees want to be stuck with toilet-cleaning duty. Not only that, most of them likely have a number of other tasks on their plates every day--none of which include sweeping the office or emptying the rubbish bin. With a professional cleaning service, you don't have to worry about accusations of favouritism or that you're always sending a specific employee to take care of cleaning tasks. At the same time, you'll still get a high-quality, professional clean--and it won't take time away from your employees' other job responsibilities.
2. A professional cleaning company gets the job done right.
The average office employee does not know the sanitation requirements for your industry, nor do they know a great deal about maintaining indoor air quality. Do they know the best cleaning products to use to avoid air contamination within the office? Do they know how often basic cleaning tasks should be taken care of?
When you work with a professional cleaning company, they go out of their way to be sure that the job is done right. Not only do they understand industry standards, they have access to professional-quality cleaning products and technology, which increases the odds you'll get the great clean you're hoping for.
3. A professional cleaning company is less likely to disrupt your company's schedule.
When you work with a professional cleaning company, they will come in at a predetermined time, take care of necessary cleaning tasks, and get out of your way. You can schedule around the times when they will be in the building. Even better, you know that the cleaning tasks are getting taken care of, so you don't have to worry about whether a conference room or office will be clean at a critical moment.
Disadvantages of Professional Cleaners
If you're thinking about hiring professional cleaners, you may wonder what disadvantages go along with it. Before hiring, consider these scenarios:
1. Professional cleaning is more expensive than doing it in-house.
At least, you'll need to add a new line item to your budget. Often, however, professional cleaners can save you money in the long run by freeing up your employees to take care of their other job tasks--the ones you hired them to do--and preventing expensive maintenance on your facility down the road.
2. Professional cleaners can disrupt the flow of work in your business.
Some employees can continue working around the cleaners, but others may struggle to keep up with their regular work responsibilities when someone else is in the room. By scheduling your cleaners properly, however, you can reduce lost time and help your work day flow more smoothly.
3. You may not know professional cleaners personally.
There may be different cleaners in and out of the office, which can make it hard to trust them. By working with a professional cleaning company, however, you can come to trust and rely on their efforts: you know that they take the time to carefully screen and train their employees, which means that you will get high-quality cleaners in your office who will take care of everything you need.
Are you ready to partner with a professional cleaning service to keep your office looking its best, maintain air quality, and keep the office up to sanitation standards? Contact us today to learn more about the services we offer and how we can keep your office looking its best. It's not just about that first impression. It's about keeping your employees happier and healthier and your office environment more productive for everyone.